Friday, June 22, 2012

Richard Ciccarone v. Richard Ciccarone

The OTHER Richard Ciccarone
If this is your first time reading The OTHER Richard Ciccarone, I am attempting to outpace my online doppelganger's Google rating. My plan is simple: As he is a respected member of the financial community, I will simply offer my own investment advice. I have absolutely no investment or financial background, however I do have a lifetime of "just getting by" and "going without" experience.


I have culled a variety of his quotes and will debate him on his positions. You can decide which of us should be the greater Google search presence.




(His advice is in red, mine is in blue.)

The OTHER Richard Ciccarone: [The funding gap] “is one of the biggest vulnerabilities in the muni market, and therefore to make headway in reducing this liability number will substantially help long-term."


Richard Ciccarone: "One can not seriously discuss long-term funding gaps until I receive a loan from someone. Without that loan there will be no growth in either the purchasing of new clothing, expanded cable packages, or groceries from the expensive, health food store."


The OTHER Richard Ciccarone: “There’s an attempt to try and puncture the long-term, ironclad support on bonded debt, as debt clashes with maintaining core services of government..."


Richard Ciccarone: "If I do not have enough unemployment insurance, I simply cannot quit my job, or more accurately, get fired from my job to collect EDD. They simply will not pay me unemployment unless I am fired."


The OTHER Richard Ciccarone: "Investors buying a 10-year muni bond rated AA would need more than 80 basis points more in yield to get the same taxable equivalent as a 10-year AA-rated corporate bond using a top tax rate of 28 percent."


Richard Ciccarone: "In 10-years I hope to buy a car. A jeep preferably. I think I'd look cool driving a jeep. Not a Hummer; I'm not an asshole. I just want something that says 'I'm fun', but that I also have a masculine side. A car that is comfortable while at the same time practical."


The OTHER Richard Ciccarone: "The state capital has been struggling under $300 million in debt tied to a failed incinerator – which was an unusual arrangement in itself."


Richard Ciccarone: "The heat in my apartment doesn't work and I have not asked to have it fixed because I feel it is the safest way to keep heating costs down. I just put on a sweater when it gets cold or throw on a blanket."


I believe the contrast between our positions will make it clear as to which Richard Ciccarone you should follow on Google for financial advice. 


STOCK TIP OF THE WEEK: In a down economy people need information to find jobs, drug treatment centers, and advice on how to rob liquor stores. That's why Google is probably going to do well. Unfortunately, it's like 4 million dollars a share, so if you can't afford that, I'm sure there's probably some cheap Yahoo! or Ask Jeeves shares you can get.

1 comment:

  1. Mostly I find myself agreeing with Richard but I must admit that Richard also has some well founded logic.

    ReplyDelete